1. Part hair evenly down the middle and tie one side of hair to keep the part separated.
2. Flip head over and begin to braid one side of head with thin pieces.
3. Braid until you reach the top of your head and secure with a hair tie.
4. Continue steps 2 and 3 to the opposite side of your head.
5. Take the first braid you did and twist the ponytail into a bun and secure with a hair tie or bobby pins.
6. Continue step 5 to the other side.
7. Spray the braids and buns with hairspray.
What You'll Be Needing:
1. Begin by using the color Sienna from the Modern Renaissance Palette all over the crease using Bdellium Tools Brush #785.
2. To intensify the crease, use a cool tone matte dark brown all over the crease using Morphe M506 brush.
3. Using the color Black from the Loran Pro Palette, blend the color in the outer corner and inner corner of the eye and blend with Morphe M222 brush.
4. Using your ring finger, gently sweep the color Trick from the Naked 3 Palette on the center of the lid and carefully blend.
5. Next, highlight the brown bone and inner corner of the eye with the color Vermeer from the Modern Renaissance Palette.
5. Complete the look with mascara!
1. Can you tell our readers about yourself and your blog?
Hi y'all! My name is Katlyn Maupin, and I am the face behind Sunshine and Stilettos! My blog is a direct reflection of me - girly, fun, and ever so slightly "extra"! Haha! The people that only know me online always ask if I'm always dolled up when I go out, and I'm like...well, basically yes! I actually play in a pool league (sounds super nerdy, but I swear it's fun), and my pool league friends always joke with me, "when are you going to wear normal clothes?!" I come prancing into the pool hall in my 5 inch heels, wearing my little floral dress, and I can just hear those who don't know me thinking, "Awww, so cute, she's here to watch her boyfriend play!" And then I pull out my super intimidating pink pool stick and pink chalk...they just giggle a little...until they see me shoot of course! Haha! There's just something so empowering about being a strong, feminine woman that can still hang with the boys! I'll always be known as "the girl in heels"!
Shop her dress here.
2. When and why did you decide to start blogging?
I actually started my blog as a creative outlet to share my outfits and help others dress for their body type. I struggled really bad with eating disorders while in high school and was never confident in my body. I found that the clothing I wore brought out a confidence in me that I never had...it's crazy what throwing on gorgeous flattering dress can do for your confidence! I became so passionate about fashion through my journey and recovery, so seeing other women recreating my outfits and feeling so beautiful is the most rewarding part of my job! I consider all of my readers so much more than that - they're friends! There's nothing I love more than being able to chat and connect with everyone all over the world! You can find my Instagram, twitter, snapchat and Pinterest all under the handle @katlynmaupin, and we can be bffs too! :)
3. What is your favorite item we carry? How would you style it?
Can I choose EVERYTHING?! No, but seriously! Haha! HER. Boutique has one of the best selections around for boutiques...and I've seen my fair amount of boutiques! Everything is so unique and beautiful! I guess if I HAD to choose, I would go with this pretty little white dress! It would be so gorgeous paired with some fun turquoise statement earrings and a nude heel for a spring date night!
4. What do you do for fun outside of blogging?
One of my favorite things to do is spending time with family and my fiancé! We love taking our sweet little Aussie/Border Collie pup to an outdoor bar/restaurant in San Marcos, Tx called Louie's! She's our child, so she goes everywhere with us! The second she gets there, she runs up to the bar and jumps on the bar stool! She just sits there like a human the whole time we are there, staring down anyone that walks by until they come and pet her. Haha! She always makes sure to give the bartenders lots of kisses, so they don't ID her, of course! I also love going snowboarding during the winter! We have a condo up in Durango, CO...it's always so fun and beautiful!
5. What do you hope your audience gains from visiting your Blog / IG?
I kind of touched on it above, but I hope that my readers not only gain inspiration from my blog, but also hope they find what makes them feel beautiful! How you feel about yourself is so, so important! God made you a masterpiece, and it's so heartbreaking when we can't see that in ourselves (myself included - it took years to start to see this and anyone who has ever had an eating disorder knows you're never fully "healed", it's always a process of growth)!
6. How would you describe your style?
My style is definitely really feminine! Lace, floral prints and heels are my staple pieces!
7. From having such a large following on Instagram, do you ever get recognized when you’re out?
Ah, yes! It was kind of weird at first, but it's so flattering! I love meeting readers and they're always so sweet! I think my friends get just as excited as I do...haha! One of my best friends texted me while he was in class the other day telling me that two girls were looking at my Instagram and talking about how much they love my blog/all of my outfits. He was like, "I got so excited and turned around and was like, 'THAT'S MY BEST FRIEND!!!!'" Lol! My friends are all so supportive...they're the best!
8. Where would you like to be in blogging five years from now?
I went full time with my blog about a year ago, so I hope it continues to grow in the future! I had originally planned on opening my own boutique after obtaining my degree in Marketing and Fashion Merchandising, however I never expected my blog to take off like it has! I decided to put that off (at least for now), and pursue my career as a blogger! I'm getting married in October, and we want babies ASAP, so I love the freedom blogging gives me to work from home. I never want to be an absent parent, and I'm so grateful I've chosen to do something that will always allow me to be present in my kid's lives. I've made it my goal to travel like crazy this year before I walk down the aisle (documenting my fashionable travels, of course), so that's my main focus as of now.
9. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
This one is harder than it seems, honestly. There is so much that goes into blogging that is behind the scenes, and it can definitely be difficult to motivate yourself sometimes! It's a ton of work, but knowing so many of my readers count on me is definitely a big motivator! I started blogging for me and it will always be for me, but the circle has also grown as my blog has grown - there are so many people's days that I can brighten with sharing my daily outfits/ramblings/etc, so I don't want to ever take that away from them! Fortunately, I've been pretty lucky with my followers being so sweet and uplifting, but I know that's not the case for the majority of bloggers! For every mean person on the internet, there are always 100 more nice people, so that's something I always want to remember as my blog grows and "internet bullies" naturally become more prevalent.
10. Is there any additional information you would like the world to know?
If you got this far, thank you so much for reading through all of my ramblings! Haha! I truly hope you fearlessly pursue your greatest passion, because it's so true that if you do, you'll never have to work a day in your life! :)
What You'll Be Needing:
1. Begin by taking a comb and parting your hair as desired.
2. Grab a large section of hair and clip hair to prevent from grabbing.
3. Start on the opposite side of head and begin to French Braid, following your hairline along the back of your head until you reach the opposite side.
4. Secure this section with a hair tie.
5. Next, grab the opposite side that you clipped and begin to twist away from your face, all the way down until you reach the bottom of hair.
6. Carefully separate the top of the braid and pull the twisted hair through.
7. Open another section of the braid and pull the twisted hair through. Continue doing this until you reach the bottom of the braid.
8. Tie the braid and end of twisted hair in a hair tie. Finish off with hairspray!
What You'll Be Needing:
1. Start by applying Limit from the Naked 3 Palette in the crease using Morphe M502 brush.
2. Darken the crease with nooner from the Naked Palette using Morphe M506 brush.
3. With the Self Made Palette From Anastasia Beverly Hills, apply Spirit Rock to outer corner of the eye and sweep under the outer corner of your lash line using the flat side of the Urban Decay Naked 3 brush.
4. Next, apply Veermeer from the Modern Renaissance Palette on the inner corner, center and brow bone using Bdellium Tools #774 brush.
5. Gently apply the Stila Smudge Stick in Sting Rey (waterproof eyeliner) on the top and bottom waterline. Carefully, smudge the top eyeliner line using the Morphe M409 brush.
5. Finish the look with mascara!
|Page:||Show per page|